You have brought so much joy to our lives! Becoming parents has been life changing for your Dad and I. We just love you so much and feel so blessed that the Lord has entrusted you to us. It is our prayer that we will love, teach, discipline, and raise you to become a woman of God.
Throughout my pregnancy and the first two months of your life, I have received a lot of advice from women on parenting/motherhood. Two pieces of advice that I received from two women at church have really stuck with me and I hope to reflect them in my relationship with you.
The first is to always speak to you in a way that is honoring and respectful. I am sure there will be times when this will be difficult, but I pray that my words will be full of grace.
The second is to keep a biblical perspective on parenting. According to Psalm 127:3-5, children are a gift from the Lord. God has temporarily entrusted you under our care, but you belong to Him, not us. Your Dad and I have the God-given task to raise you up and help you gain skills and responsibility and become independent so that one day you can be equipped for life outside of our home.
Don’t you see that children are God’s best gift?
The fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior’s fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!
Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!
Psalm 127:3-5 (The Message)
You are changing and growing so much! At your 2 month checkup you measured in at 23.75" and 13lb 4oz.
You fall asleep peacefully when we pat your cute little diapered bottom and hold you tightly against our body.
You've started cooing and making sweet little baby noises. It is so sweet!
You're really good at smiling in your sleep and so far you've smiled for me once when you were awake. I am looking forward to getting more smiles out of you soon!
You have the cutest little triangle tent shaped baby mouth. We love it when you make the "0" shape with your mouth and look at us with your big blue eyes! It's so cute!
Some of the sweetest moments we spend together are when you are nursing. Sometimes when you are sleepy I dress you down to just your diaper. You love rubbing your teeny little toes on my arm and I love holding you (your skin is incredibly soft!).
In the wee hours of the night after a feeding, even when I am dead tired, I find myself wanting to continue rocking you, even though you are already sound asleep. I just want to pause those sweet moments.
We bathe you in the kitchen sink. You didn't like your first real bath in the water, but you seem to like it now! You didn't seem to mind the sponge bathes that we were giving you at first, so when we put you in the water, I think it was a bit of a shocker!
You are starting to like sitting in your swing and bouncer.
Your Dad frequently tells me how precious and beautiful you are and it melts my heart every time.
One Month Photos
You are loved so much, Abigail. You are such a blessing. I pray that one day God's grace would be very real to you and that you will understand how much you are loved by your heavenly father. I pray that you would grow to love the Lord very dearly and use your gifts to serve, love and bless others.
Being your mom is such a joy. I love you! Love, Mom
Things I Don't Want to Forget...
You are changing and growing so much! At your 2 month checkup you measured in at 23.75" and 13lb 4oz.
You fall asleep peacefully when we pat your cute little diapered bottom and hold you tightly against our body.
You've started cooing and making sweet little baby noises. It is so sweet!
You're really good at smiling in your sleep and so far you've smiled for me once when you were awake. I am looking forward to getting more smiles out of you soon!
You have the cutest little triangle tent shaped baby mouth. We love it when you make the "0" shape with your mouth and look at us with your big blue eyes! It's so cute!
Some of the sweetest moments we spend together are when you are nursing. Sometimes when you are sleepy I dress you down to just your diaper. You love rubbing your teeny little toes on my arm and I love holding you (your skin is incredibly soft!).
In the wee hours of the night after a feeding, even when I am dead tired, I find myself wanting to continue rocking you, even though you are already sound asleep. I just want to pause those sweet moments.
We bathe you in the kitchen sink. You didn't like your first real bath in the water, but you seem to like it now! You didn't seem to mind the sponge bathes that we were giving you at first, so when we put you in the water, I think it was a bit of a shocker!
You are starting to like sitting in your swing and bouncer.
Your Dad frequently tells me how precious and beautiful you are and it melts my heart every time.
Two Month Photos
No comments:
Post a Comment