I'm really behind on my blog! Jake and I have been really busy lately...long story short, we are moving to Knoxville, Tennessee really soon! Like, in two days!! If you would have told me a month ago that we will be moving on May 25th, I wouldn't have believed it would be happening so soon.
Even though we want to live in Knoxville, it is bittersweet that we are moving now. We have developed relationships with great friends and gotten involved at a great church. Actually, I just realized that I was typing these exact words last Spring when we were moving from Nebraska to Pennsylvania. We have been so blessed to move around the country and see new places and make new friends and have new experiences. We are excited to start another chapter of life in Knoxville, but will miss the friends we have made here so much! The Lehigh Valley has really felt like home to us for the past year!
This will be the 3rd consecutive year that I have moved over Memorial Day weekend...
- Memorial Day Weekend 2010: Moved to Nebraska (Graduated college in Ohio on May 1st, moved out and lived in Tennessee for the month of May)
- Memorial Day Weekend 2011: Moved from Nebraska to Pennsylvania
- Memorial Day Weekend 2012: Moving from Pennsylvania to Tennessee
What will Memorial Day Weekend 2013 bring? Just kidding! That's A LOT of moving...I think I'm ready to unpack picture frames and actually hang them up this year!
I am really excited to say that I already have a job waiting for me in Knoxville. I am going to be working as an Event Planner for the University of Tennessee starting in June. Once I got the job offer, Jake and I were pretty sure that the Lord was opening up doors for us in Knoxville and that we would be moving soon. We both had a peace about me accepting the job, even though Jake didn't have a job yet. Well, the Lord definitely is opening doors because Jake got not one, but TWO job offers last week for positions in Knoxville! It feels so great to trust in God's plan!
Everything is just wrapping up so smoothly here in PA...our lease on our town house is ending...the school year is over at Lehigh...and everything just seems to be working out!
Ok...now I have to get back to packing...
Everything is just wrapping up so smoothly here in PA...our lease on our town house is ending...the school year is over at Lehigh...and everything just seems to be working out!
Ok...now I have to get back to packing...
Wow! Lots of prayers, can't wait to hear more and have you closer:)
ReplyDelete