Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Improvements: The Kitchen!!

I love our updated kitchen. Jake did an amazing job ripping out cabinets and counters; building a pantry; and installing new lights, appliances, a sink, cabinet hardware, and countertops. We also ripped off the nasty wall paper and painted the walls.

Before:

After:

 Before:

After:

The three hanging lights below are in place of a row of cabinets (see the first picture above). These cabinets were blocking all of the natural light and making the kitchen closed off. Removing the cabinets has opened up our kitchen so much!


This is the breakfast nook attached to the kitchen. I love the built in china hutch! 




1 comment:

  1. Great job to both of you. What a transformation!!! Emily, I saw your list of things to do and can offer you recipes for the ketchup, etc. Glad you have a love of cooking and making all natural things. Love the photograph of Alice, my favorite grand-kitty!!
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete