Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life in Tennessee...

...has been good! I feel out-of-the-loop because I don't have a good routine like I used to, but I'm kind of ok with that......for now. Our jobs are keeping us busy during the day, and if we don't have something planned in the evening, we are house hunting. House hunting gets old...but we are going strong searching for the perfect little place!

The month of June was kind of a blur...

Week 1: Jake and I had the week off and the time flew by. We got ourselves settled in, got new TN license plates (Jake even renewed his motorcycle license!) and drivers licences, spent quality time together, and started looking at houses.We didn't waste any time and got connected in a small group of young couples that meets on Monday nights.

Week 2: We both started our new jobs on Monday, June 11th. We enjoyed having dinner with the Hickman's one day that week and spending time with Zach and Catherine.

Week 3: Happy fathers day, Dad! We went to Gatlinburg to visit little brother Caleb (he's doing Summer Mountain Project with Campus Outreach) and then went to a baseball game! My niece, Mallory was so cute at her first baseball game! Jake and I drove out to Nashville for the weekend for a welcome home party for one of Jake's buddies who was a missionary in Hawaii for 3 years.


Caleb almost cut the top of his thumb off...he is showing off the 12 stitches in the picture above. I would also like to point out Caleb's transformation during freshman year. The picture below on the left was taken after his high school graduation (about a year ago) and the picture on the right is a month after completing his freshman year of college. Oh, the life of a college student!






Week 4: We enjoyed taking a trip to Cookeville with some friends for a wedding. The next day we all went hiking and swimming at Burgess Falls. I wish I would have had my camera...it was beautiful!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't recognize your brother at all! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete